NaNoWriMo 2014: Week One Wrap Up

8 November 2014

I love to write. It's my passion and my favourite past time in the world. I could list all the reasons why I love to write, but since I've already done that earlier in the year, I'll tell you a little secret. Ever since I was 14, I have always always dreamt of publishing my own novel some day. It's a long term dream of mine! So when I heard about NaNoWriMo several years ago, - the ultimate month of novel writing - I couldn't help but feel so excited about the possibility of it! Imagine being one step closer to publishing your own novel .... Just the thought gives me chills!

In the past,
I've always been put off with participating as November is literally one of busiest times of the year for me - with essay writing, deadlines, upcoming Christmas and birthday plans. But this year - as a last minute decision - I thought I'd put those excuses aside and at least try. Honestly what's the worst that could happen? I told myself, 'Instead of trying to reach the goal of 50,000 words, I'll aim for 30,000. 1000 words per day give or take. That seems manageable.' And so far, it's been going pretty well. I made it through the week with almost 7000 words right under my belt. To say I'm feeling good is an understatement, but ... it did not come easy I'll tell you! This is literally the thought process I went through this week ...


Day One: A proud 1000 words - yay. I'm off to a good start. I'll have myself a little snack.

Day Two: Just about reached 2000. A little bit trickier than yesterday, but I got there. Awesome!

Day Three: 
 I've got the urge to major edit everything I've just written, and I don't know if I can shake it. Must resist ... must resist ... 

Day Four: I'll try and get a few words in before bed ... I'll just nap for two seconds ... just resting the eyes ... zzzzzz

Day Five: Gotta make up for yesterday. Double take; I got this. Sorted. Not as poetically awesome as day one though ... Editing will make this all sound awesome in the end ...

Day Six: Can't think of what to say ... Guess I'll skip this scene and move onto the next ... and the next ...

Day Seven: Finally, the scene I've been waiting to write forever has arrived ... let the juiciness begin!


Overall, I'm really happy with the experience and enjoying how it's going so far. Can anyone else relate? If you're taking part in this year's NaNoWriMo, tell me how it's go
ing. I'd love to hear from you all!


Post a Comment