Favourite Movies of 2014

28 December 2014


As 2014 comes to an end, I decided to pay tribute to all the wonderful movies this year that I fell in love with. So without further ado, here are my top five favourites of this year, in no particular order!

1. Vampire Academy
I remember expecting very little from Vampire Academy, and being thoroughly surprised at how awesome it truly was! This movie was so truly beyond what I expected, and an absolute pleasure to watch. It has everything from action, drama and so much romantic tension. It was beautifully fast paced, and pretty gripping.

I have a gut feeling that this movie though is only scratching the surface of the book series - which makes me wonder if I should keep that on my TBR pile for the new year!


           2. The Fault In Our Stars
As you may already know from my review on the movie, I loved TFIOS. I fell back in love with Augustus Waters all over again, and felt the emotional roller-coaster of a lifetime. Josh Boone gave this movie the quirkniess it deserved, and perfectly executed the story. Just proving - why on earth he is one of my favourite directors right now. 

3) Captain America: The Silver Soldier
Say whatever you want to say, Captain America blew my mind. It expanded further beyond what I thought it would be - touching on the world of SHIELD that we had yet so much to learn about. I loved the dynamic between Steve and Bucky, and the sweet promise of future tales that have yet to come.  It's so exciting to see where the future of Marvel may lie, and where it may take us as well.




4) Frozen
Before you say it, I know Frozen was technically released in 2013. But since I only saw it earlier this year it's part of my 2014 Favourites. I Frozen is one of the only films to truly live up to its hype. I love the relationship and sisterly bond between Elsa and Anna, and that ultimate twist that left me flabbergasted and utterly speechless. A feel good movie that will leave you feeling like you can accomplish anything you set your mind to, no matter the obstacle. 





What were your favourite films from 2014?

Post a Comment