Favourite Television Shows of 2014

26 December 2014


As the countdown to Christmas ends, the countdown to New Year begins! 2014 has given so many amazing memories and so much fictional goodness. I couldn't think of a more wonderful way to start off the new year, than by honouring the wonderful things that 2014 blessed us with. Over the next several days, I will be posting my favourites from 2014. Kicking off today, I've chosen my five favourite television shows of this year! Let's get on with it, shall we?

6) Cake Boss
So this show is kind of an anomaly. But I just couldn't resist adding it to the list. This past year, I have fallen in love with the art of cake baking - all because of Buddy Valestro. He is one of the most charismatic food masters I've ever come across on television. It's wonderful seeing how he makes some of the most extraordinary cakes I've seen in my life! Cake Boss is definitely one of the most entertaining reality shows I've seen in a very very long time.

5) Finding Carter


Carter Stevens has lived her entire life believing her kidnapper is her mother. She is taken away from the woman who raised her, and given back to her biological family after almost 13 years. Torn between the life she knows, and the life she has, Carter struggles with her identity. The concept of this show is utterly intriguing, and truly it's most captivating factor. Watching Carter trying to make sense of her life without knowing who to trust, or what to believe, has been such an entertaining and interesting journey! This first season established her homecoming and adjustment back to her family. I just can't wait to see to find out why Lori - her kidnapper - actually took her from the Carters to be begin with!


4) The Fosters
I gotta confess the first time I heard about The Fosters was when ABC had just cancelled The Lying Game. I was crushed, and I did not have any more faith in ABC for a while. So this year, I decided to randomly check out The Fosters and was immediately taken with it! The Fosters tells the story of Callie Jacobs, who is placed in a foster home with the Fosters, a family made up of Lena and Steff, and their children - biological and adopted. This show is not just for entertainment either. It deals with issues of sexual identity, ethnicity and problems of the foster care system. It's a show that is a social statement, on the changing nature of our liberal society, told in a very entertaining manner. And I completely approve of it!


3) Teen Wolf 3B

Teen Wolf is one of my favourite shows of all time, and season 3B gave me one of it's favourite storylines. When Stiles - the sarcastic sidekick - becomes possessed by an evil spirit, the Beacon Hills gang are on a race against the clock to save him - and also stop him. The conflict that occurs in this season is mainly psychological, which intensifies everything - from relationships to everyday life. This is a storyline I have been waiting to see on television for years! And to see it brought to life with one of my favourite characters was phenomenal! Not going to lie, Void Stiles terrified me to the bone!

2) The Flash

It's only been a year since Barry Allan was introduced to the world in Arrow, and look how far his come. Got his own show, sidekicks and everything! The Flash tells the story of the origins of the superhero, as Barry comes to terms with his incredible speed. Told with dark underlying themes and light, it's clear to say that this show is thoroughly entertaining. The Flash holds so much potential and intrigue, through its mysteries, and it's links with Arrow (and the comics). I've loved seeing Barry grow alongside his team-mates Cisco and Caitlin, and watching him taken on his enemies who threaten the world at large. You know what the best part of it all is? This is only the beginning!

1) The 100
If you're a fan of The Hunger Games and Lost, than this may be the perfect show for you! A hundred teenage juveniles (known as The 100) have been sent down to the ground as an experiment to see if Earth is survivable, after 97 years since humankind fled to space. This show questions the position of morality and authority, against what it takes to survive in an unknown environment. We see the evolution of these teenagers as they mature, and fight to stay alive, with the threats they face on the ground. Between the fight for survival, these teenagers also have their own dramas amongst themselves too. From romance, to personal vendettas, it's all there - keeping you on your toes at all times!

What were your favourite television shows of 2014?

Post a Comment