The Skeletons of my Book Shelf

22 January 2015


If you know anything about me by now, you know I love to read. Reading is one of my favourite past times. But here's something you probably don't know, something that I am thoroughly ashamed of. I have abandoned so many series half way. It was never intentional of course. Because of university deadlines or long waits between book releases, I somehow put these sagas on hold - never to return to them again. But that is going to change. My aim for this year is to finally finish these books after all this time! So without further ado, let's see the skeletons of my book closet ...



The Maze Runner
Remaining Books: The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure, The Kill Order
This past summer I finally got round to finish the first novel in The Maze Runner series - after starting it in 2013 - in time for it's movie release. And then I got distracted ... I blame that ending - it was so twistedly mind blowing, I needed time to recuperate!

I'm pretty excited to learn more about what happens to the gladers in their future adventures, and yet also terrified to find out what they face. Something tells me that it's going to be emotional, and heartbreaking - let's face it all dystopian's are.




Under The Never Sky
Remaining Books: Into the Still Blue
While I did not fall in love with the 
Under The Never Sky series, I grew attached to its characters. The series has a unique storyline in a futuristic world, involving two sectors of mankind - the technologically advanced and the tribal. The universe itself is pretty intriguing, and almost surreal. I have never read anything like it, and I'm pretty sure I won't.

I am so curious to see what happens with all the choas that happened in Through the Ever Night. That cliffhanger blew my mind. Bring on the adventure for survival!  

The Lux Series

Remaining Books: Opposition 
After waiting for Origin -the fourth book in the series - to be released, I somehow lost track of The Lux saga. Not until every single person on Book-Tube started mentioning it that is. It was like a constant reminder - You have not read Origin. You are far behind. You don't know what happens. 
After starting this series in 2011, I can't wait to see where the end takes us. 
Something tells me though I'll be suffering from a longgggg book hangover. No more Kat and Daemon, or Luxian drama. Nope, I refused to this about this until the end ... oh boy...

Delirium
Remaining Books: Pandemonium, Requiem 
If you've been following me for a while, you've probably heard me mention this book series once or twice. Delirium was one of the first dystopian novels I read, which changed the way I viewed love. Unfortunately for Delirium, I decided to take a hiatus from the dystopian genre for a while - which left this series on the back burner.

You would think though meeting Lauren Oliver last year would give me the push to move onto reading Pandemonium. But lord no. I blame that heartbreaking ending that had me teary-eyed and speechless for days! 





Harry Potter 
Remaining Books: Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Before you even say it, I know, I know. It's utterly shocking that considering how awesome Harry Potter is, that I still have not finished this saga. It is so long overdue

I remember making a promise to myself that before I'd graduate, I would have finished reading the Deathly Hallows. But I'm seriously so close! Only two books left! I'll get right on it, I promise. The internal judgement and guilt is just eating away at my soul.






What are the books lurking at the bottom of your TBR pile? 

Post a Comment